Sep 26, 2011

Recycled denim apron

I joined up the quilt blocks, and I think that it needs a little solid color border. For fun, I tried a bit of recycling. This project is not for the perfectionist sewer. Take a big old pair of jeans. Cut off a leg. Hem around. Add some strings and maybe a pocket.









I'm having a problem with arthritis and can't type a lot in this post--I'll have to save it for later. Meanwhile, I'm doing battle with my health insurance. It seems that Medicare has imposed a lot of new rules on dying people.

6 comments:

Twisted Quilts said...

I always enjoy seeing what you are doing. I love these blocks. I agree a solid border would be the perfect frame, maybe wider would highlight the blocks more. The green sort of speaks to me.

Sharon said...

I agree with TBN - the green would look great. Love that quilt top! And what a clever apron!

Good luck with the Medicare battle.

Unknown said...

Gosh, I totally agree with above bloggers! Lovely top.
I use old jeans as grocery bags, the pockets are great for keys, lists, kleenex etc.

Clare said...

Agree with TBN and Sharon.

Hope the arthritis isn't too bad and best of luck with Medicare.

Michele Bilyeu said...

Dang to arthritis, dang to health insurance and all of their hassles (did I tell you it took until the 6th day to get my daughter surgery for her 100% severed tendon) and hurrah's for your fabulous apron idea.

As for the deep and hard parts of our lives...my thoughts are always, always, always with you for those challenges.

Sending blessings to you for all of life's challenges..may we grow and learn and always be strong enough to face them!

I am so sorry that Medicare rules are so awful and make just dealing with life so much harder!!!!!

Lynne said...

I hope you get your issues with Medicare sorted.

I think a solid border should work very well.