Jul 6, 2007

Quilting en pointe




Here's how my quilts start, on a messy piece of graph paper. I use pencils, pens and crayons to plan the layout and size. I very rarely make a quilt that is set on the diagonal. that's because I like to machine quilt. I usually make sections that I quilt, and then join.

But this one is being made as one piece, and on the diagonal, because I plan to tie it.

So I feel like a ballerina on tip toes (that's en pointe.) I've turned everything on edge.

This is a crazy-style quilt. I can use up the most useless little scraps. I use no foundation for this crazy patch. I just seam the thing together. Later I squared them up to 9 1/2 (finishing at 9 inches.)


1 comment:

mouse (aka kimy) said...

hi roz thanks for checking out the my mousehole. I've enjoyed reading your blog and look forward continued reading. one of these days I have to muster up the confidence to free-style machine quilting- am sure it's a lot faster than handquilting!