Apr 28, 2008

I'm back to my usual routine today. My free advice: When you get a new prescription be sure to find out what all the side effects are. And if any bad ones develop--be tough with the doctor. I actually had to wave the list of side effects under his nose. Needless to say, I have changed doctors. It's no fun being in the emergency room breathing oxygen.
I'm really happy with making the courthouse steps pattern. I have so much fabric in my stash. I enjoy pulling out the box of yardages and cutting the strips. I love having a riot of colors. No color schemes for me.
And I have started knitting a sweater vest from sport weight yarn, blue. I was looking on the Internet and Lion Brand has a couple of free Amigurumi patterns for a bear and a bunny. I started on the bear, using left-over yarn. I'm stuffing it with left-over bits of quilt batting. Now, if I can only find a box to mail out the butterfly and tea cup quilts to my granddaughters. Now that the summer temperature where they live is 100 degrees Fahrenheit, there's no big rush, I guess.

2 comments:

jovaliquilts said...

Glad you're feeling better! Wow, oxygen in the emergency room -- sounds scary.

I love a riot of colors, too!

Unknown said...

Riot of colours, scrappy quilts, I just love it all.
Sewing and hand knitting sound like a great remedy for a quick recovery. Take care.