Oct 16, 2011

It's a wonderful world




There's been a lot of time passing without my sewing or blogging. I'm recuperating from an illness. Doctors have told me that I'm lucky--it could have been much worse. I will be having on operation, but I'm praying to be well enough to bake a pie for Thanksgiving. Meanwhile, I've been resting. I haven't had enough energy to sew--therefore you can tell how easy I've been taking it. My daughter has stepped up to the plate and she's been looking out for me. Yesterday we went to visit my DH and he seems to be holding on. He's comfortable and not suffering at all. I went out on my patio this morning and although it's a bit foggy, I took a photo of the acacia tree that's blooming right now.

11 comments:

Brenda said...

a speedy recovery to you, Roz! I hope all is well soon.

Magpie Sue said...

Being too ill or weak to sew is the pits. I'm sorry you're having a hard time of it now. We all get to have a turn, or so it seems. Best wishes to both you and your husband.

Sharon said...

I'm glad to hear that you're feeling a little better. Please take good care of yourself! I haven't been feeling well lately either, so I entirely sympathize with you. I hope you're on the mend and will soon be able to do some sewing.

Winona said...

Roz, I am so sorry to hear that you have been feeling poorly. I will add you to my prayers. So glad your daughter is helping out. What a blessing she is to you. Just take it easy and heal your body.

Angie said...

I am so sorry you've been so ill...and I didn't know about your DH. The health care in this country is a disgrace, especially considering we're supposed to be such a civilized country. I'm sending healing thoughts and hugs.

Paula, the quilter said...

O Roz, you take care now, you hear? Let us know how you do?

Clare said...

Oh Roz - please take care of yourself. Keep us updated so we don't worry about you.

Hugs
xxxx

Michele Bilyeu said...

Oh, Roz..is it more of the same thing? My thoughts and prayers are so with you and with your family. Sometimes, there are so many challenges at once!!! Big hugs to you dear friend!

woolywoman said...

So sorry. Sometimes when I'm ill, I just look through my quilting books as though they were art books- just to enjoy the pictures without thinking of making anything. I hope you feel well soon.

Lynne said...

Ooo, I'm so sorry to read that you are not at all well. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Judy S. said...

It was good to see your post, Roz, but I'm sorry to hear that you are going to have surgery. Know that I'll be thinking of you. All the best, and get well very soon!