Feb 9, 2009

Decisions, decisions

I usually plan a quilt ahead on a piece of graph paper or some kind of notes. Because I just charged ahead and made these house blocks with no clear plans, here are the blocks placed down on the bed. I must decide if I just want to set them end-to-end in "streets" or piece them with sashes? This looks like it will be a baby quilt. If I join them together without sashes, I can add some sort of border to make them the right size. I made 15 blocks--don't ask me why I picked that number. It was just so much fun to sew these blocks--they're like those famous potato chips that "You can't eat just one" of. Opps--ended with a preposition again, someone phone an English Teacher.


2 comments:

Clare said...

Mmmmm. Difficult one. I'm inclined to go for the street look, but I like the blue sashing too. Sashing it is.

jovaliquilts said...

Tee-hee! I love Winston Churchill's reply when someone criticized him for ending a sentence with a preposition:
"That is the sort of criticism up with which I will not put!"