Oops! I miscalculated and I got carried away here. I made nearly twice as many blocks as I needed for this quilt top. My sewing machine was starting to kvetch--I had to stop everything and clean it and install a new needle (this particular machine doesn't need oiling.) Well, I guess that I could have just made a bigger quilt with those extra squares? Anyhow, I decided to put those blocks aside--they won't be wasted--I'll make a quilt with them someday soon. I really want to get back to that other quilt, the Shoo Fly one, that I started on at the same time as this one. So, I hunted through my stash and I found a perfect two-yard piece of brown fabric for the backing of the log cabin thing. I made the sashes from an off-white fabric that I like to use instead of the old-fashioned muslin. Even though I still have a few yards of muslin on hand, I've gotten spoiled, and I like the solid fabric instead. Meanwhile, I've been keeping my dining room table bare (except for meals) because I'm tying that denim quilt--that chore may take forever! So I can just sneak in this log cabin thing and pin baste it this afternoon. It can be my new "keep it on hand for emergencies" quilt.