Nov 3, 2009

Home again

I've been away, to Nevada to visit family. Here's three of my grandchildren making something special for Halloween. They went for trick or treat and came back with big bags of candy of course. I had as much fun as they did. Naturally, I went shopping while I was there. I bought a couple of fat quarters and some books and magazines. I found "Quilts From the Selvage Edge" by Karen Griska and "Material Obsession" by Doughty and Fielke. Of course I never trim off the selvages when I make a quilt. But the book has great ideas for string quilting--and that I do all the time. Material Obsession has a web site at http://www.materialobsession.typepad.com/ and you can find Karen Griska at http://www.selvagequilts.com/

2 comments:

jovaliquilts said...

What adorable granddaughters! Wow! It's great you got to be there for a fun holiday like Halloween.

Clare said...

What a lovely sunny photo. Hard to believe it's Halloween when there is sun and little girls in summer dresses. It's pouring with rain, windy and horrible here. Typical Halloween weather!