Jul 21, 2010

the next phase

Jera's quilt being pin basted

You know what I always say, "It ain't a quilt until it's quilted!". I'm so happy to post that I have now finished making the three quilt tops, including appliqueing on the rest of those umpteen hearts on Jenna's and Sabrina's quilts.  I did add a bright green border to Sabrina's quilt, also.  Now it's time to put the band aid on my left index finger (before I hurt it with the safety pins, I put on the band aid, and when I finish putting in all those pins, presto--no hurt finger) and put in all the pins I can find.  I decided that I haven't been putting enough pins in when I pin baste lately, and so I put in a big bunch (that's a quilter's mathematical term) this time around.  I think that Jera will like this backing fabric, because it reminded me of the flowers that she draws.  Jera is an artist.  And knowing that she will be checking out this blog, I want to wish her a Very Happy Birthday next week.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

you are cranking those out like crazy, love that backing fabric....

Winona said...

Jera's quilt will soon be done. The backing fabric is fabulous, so bright and colorful. Have a great day. Winona

Michele Bilyeu said...

Happy Birthday, Jera! What a fun, fun quilt. And I must say, I do love that backing fabric...it's magical!

Ruth's Place said...

The backing fabric is really cute and the top has turned out really well!

Unknown said...

Roz, it's why I spray baste. It save fingers, back, and time. I just can't do the pins anymore due to the arthritis thing.
Love the backing fabric...excellent choice.