Oct 31, 2007

Home again, home again, jiggedy jig

What fun I had visiting Nevada. And nice to be home again. Of course, I brought some fabric and yarn. Now I seem to be making too many things at once. I'll have to put some of this knitting in bags and park it on the doorknobs. You know, I thought that I had found a nice soft brand of acrylic yarn, so I bought a bunch of it. But I was mistaken. It seems to be soft only in some of the colors! Anyhow, one of my grandchildren wanted a fisherman-style sweater. And I bought the yarn. Then, when I knitted a swatch, turns out that I can't get 5 stitches to the inch in this yarn, even with the thinner needles (how thin can you go?) So I went to my files. I once got so desperate, that I made a special file of 4 stitches to the inch sweaters. And now, I'll plan to make a similar sweater, in the gauge I can knit.

No comments: