Jun 24, 2008

What I've been up to

Yesterday morning, as I was combing my hair, I was looking at a photo on my dresser--a photo of me and my sister. And I looked at the blouse I was wearing. It was a summer blouse that I had made for myself. And I started wishing I had a blouse like that about now, as the weather has turned rather hot lately. "Well," says I to myself, "why not? After all I still have that pattern." So yesterday afternoon, I looked in the box on my shelf, the box labelled--Patterns. And I found it! I searched in my stash for a couple of yards of suitable fabric. Please don't tell the quilt police, but some of my fabric is not 100% cotton! And in one afternoon, I whipped up this blouse. I'm so proud, as it must be at least 5 years since I sewed any clothes except for my granddaughter's Barbie doll, and that really doesn't count. It took me a few minutes to even figure out where the 5/8 inch sewing line is on my machine.

No comments: