Dec 9, 2009

Shoo-fly progress report

I've been a bit busy around here. Monday I went to a funeral for a friend. It was a very dignified ceremony. And a gentleman with a wonderful voice and style sang a few appropriate songs, accompanying himself on the guitar. I found out later that his name was Roger McGuinn of The Byrds. Now about the quilt. I've been hesitating because I was having trouble deciding on the finished size. I have decided to make approximately 45 by 70 inches. So I have been joining the blocks together. I made this my own version of the quilt in Gwen Marston's book, with a patchy look. I have so very many scraps and a rather large stash. Sometimes I wish that I had a better method of photographing things. I just threw this over the lounge chair.

3 comments:

Twisted Quilts said...

Your quilt looks great! I love your colors. I really like the way you used so many solids. And the dark sashing really sets the squares off. Great job! I might try something like this after the holidays.

Joyce said...

Love the quilt-wonky, bright and with black sashing. It doesn't get much better than that.

Magpie Sue said...

What a happy quilt this will be! And congratulations on the denim quilt finish. That was quite an accomplishment. :- )