Jan 10, 2010

"Hear" art quilt

This is it--my wall hanging. I think that I'll be calling my wall hangings art quilts now. I sewed on the binding last night, and I hung it up on the door today. I used my favorite fabrics in this quilt. I love turquoise, mottled red and I have a bunch of yellow fat quarters. I have to thank Tonya and Brenda, I learned how to do free-pieced letters from them. It's a whole new world of adventure out there in blogland. I guess that I ought to give the address of their blogs
http://lazygalquilting.blogspot.com/
http://scrapsandstrings.blogspot.com/2009/01/strip-pieced-letters.html

7 comments:

Michele Bilyeu said...

lovely! and you bet it's art! what better to listen to than our heart and the sacred source of its messages.

colors are perfect!

Brenda said...

you're welcome for the tutorial. thanks for the mention. and your art quilt is great!

Sharon said...

Your art quilt is wonderful, and a great use of the free-pieced letters. Yes, the wall quilts ARE ART! And love those colors!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous Roz...I love turquoise/aqua and red together. If you've seen my studio photos on my blog/flickr, then you'll know what I am talking about :)

Karen xx

Clare said...

Lovely Roz. I hope you'll keep going with the letters.

Rene' said...

Roz, what a great job you did with the free piecing letters!! Your color choices are great. Love the turquoise with the blue. I read your post about your daughter's package being "delayed". Good idea to put your handmade items in a plastic bag. My sister in law's quilt didn't arrive until the 26th of December. Luckily in one piece. As you said, who wants the insurance money? Nothing can replace your handmade gift. So glad your daughter got it...eventually!

Dianne M. said...

Roz, thank you for both the lovely quilt and the message it sends. We are never to forget the things the Lord has led us in and through and the commands of His Heart regarding us. Hear! Thanks for all the loveliness of this quilt.