Feb 8, 2010

Coffee or Tea?

This is a photo of some of the blocks that I've made lately.  I invented a cream and sugar block and a coffee pot block.  It's been fun.  I've been sewing a bit less lately.  That's life, I guess.  I think that I got somewhat tired.  I've been reading my book, Liberated Quiltmaking II, and some of the things in there are so helpful. I especially liked the section about liberated triangles.  It was really a help for making the teacups that are angled slightly on the bottoms.  I have a few more of the blocks cut out, and I hope to have time and energy to join the pieces together today. Then comes the challenge of composing a quilt with all of the blocks and free-pieced letters! And I went to the Target store yesterday afternoon.  The stores are so jammed right before the Super Bowl football game.  But a really nice saleslady gave me a good box, so hopefully, I'll be able to ship the sweater that I knitted.

5 comments:

Magpie Sue said...

Roz, your cups and mugs and pots and creamers are looking great! When you have the energy for it you're going to have a lot of fun putting this all together. :- )

Nat Palaskas said...

How cute I love them. You can always put some word in between like TEA, COFFEE, SUGAR, CREAM and doe forget SCONE!!! Hugs Nat

woolywoman said...

Isn't it funny how there seem to be boxes cluttering up the place until you want one to ship something? I just send everything Priority, now, because then I don't have to find a box!

I like the coffee tea cups a lot- gives me an idea....(sound of wheels turning)

Clare said...

The coffee pot is great. I love LQII. It has got to be one of the best (apart from the baskets).

Unknown said...

I love this Roz! So clever, are you going to do a tutorial? I think I'd make one of these...I love it, and by the way, I know how you feel about sewing. I was in a bit of a funk a bit back there, and now...I'm Back!