Feb 2, 2010

Free pieced letters

Here it is, Groundhog day!  Ever since I saw that movie, "Groundhog Day" (3 times at least) every Feb. 2nd I ask myself, am I doing creative things that I want to do?  I guess I can be happy about 2009 in that respect. I tried to do some quilts that were more spontaneous last year.  It's practically getting to be a habit now.  I met a lady that I know casually, and she wins ribbons at the Fair for her paper pieced quilts.  I asked her if she had looked at my blog and she told me that I really needed to take a quilting workshop!  I can consider that a compliment.  Life has caught up with me a bit lately, and although I did manage to cut out some more pieces for the tea cup quilt, I didn't do much sewing on it.  I started making some free-pieced letters for it, though.  And I'm really proud of this man's sweater, size extra-large, that I completed yesterday.  I hope that it will fit my son.  Now, the worst part--I have to ship it to him.  Oh, and another thing, I uploaded these photos in reverse order, but it seems that Google has changed the order of uploading photos, along with removing the spell-checker.  So now the sweater photo is on top and the letters photo comes out underneath.  Well, anyhow, that will make it easier for me from now on.

4 comments:

Nat Palaskas said...

Hi Roz, your sweater is cool. I like the color and your son will be please with it. I like letter piecing too. I get on the roll when I do it - Hugs Nat

Clare said...

Arey ou by any chance into blues and reds at the moment? Great letters and that jumper looks really warm.

dee said...

Handsome sweater Roz.

♪♪Melody♪♪ and Puddin said...

I love those free piece letters but have not tried any yet. But someday......