Nov 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving


After cooking forty Thanksgiving dinners, I now have the honor of being served a wonderful dinner by the younger generation! So, here I am, all dressed and ready to go in about an hour or so. Best wishes to all of you kind enough to look in at the blog.

Well, well--there's good news and bad news. The good news is that the Puff quilt is completed. I may embroider my initials and the date on the back, but it's as done as I can make it. And the bad new is "The best-laid schemes o' mice an' men gang aft agley" Robert Burns. Yep, that quilt was a b%*&%h to finish. I was going to add a stuffed binding and la-de-dah. Very funny. I just managed to make a pillowcase lining. And done. That's the best I could do. It was like a wrestling match--no like one of those lion tamers who go into a cage with a tiger, a whip and a chair! Those puffs were stretching and not stretching, they were wiggling all over the place. I used safety pins and pinned it to the lining right sides together, and sewed the edge. It's a good thing I can adjust my machine to sew over heavy seams. I left an opening, and turned the quilt right-sides out. Then I sewed the opening closed. And I just quit right there. I couldn't stand to wrestle with it any further. It turned out, though, and it makes a warm cover, sort of like a comforter, rather than a quilt.

2 comments:

chq said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you! You should achieve sainthood for finishing your quilt. That's one pattern that I decided I would make until I actually read the instructions. Too much for me.

Thanks for visiting my blog.

Cherri

Tamera said...

YEAH for finishes!