Jun 9, 2009


Here's where things stand as of now: I'm working on adding more and more borders to my medallion. I added green and blue and now I'm making some free-pieced triangles. I might just put a plain square in the corners, not sure yet. And I'll have to add a little bit of fabric to make these fit in place. So now I learn the trick about medallion quilts--you have to make things fit as you go along. So I might just add some even easier bits next.
And here's my little quilt "Tribute to Modigliani" nearly ready for sending in to the Alzheimer's Quilt org. If you are wondering why I made these orange triangles, it's because Modigliani often used triangles of color to draw the eye into his work. Sometimes it was even in the way he posed models with their hands clasped. And I love the way he used orange.

4 comments:

Brenda said...

the star medallion looks great. I really like the intense green and blue borders.

Clare said...

Love the Medallion with the free-pieced stars and like the concept for your AAQI quilt.

jovaliquilts said...

You're really moving! I like the minimalist look of your Tribute to Modigliani. And for the medallion, how about a free-pieced star in each corner?

Magpie Sue said...

Ooo, I like how your star quilt is progressing! I'm leaning more and more towards doing a medallion quilt for my DGD (instead of the log cabin I originally thought I'd do). I love the pure colors in your AAQI quilt too.