Apr 1, 2010

Kalanchoe


I've made some progress with my hand quilting, and it's a lot of fun because liberated quilters can make any size stitches they want!  I've been mostly quilting down the middle of each stripe and around the lettering.  I don't use a hoop. I thought that you might like to see pictures of  the potted plants that are flourishing outdoors on my patio ledge.  We've been mostly having sunny weather here in Southern California.  It's what we call "cold" today--about 62 degrees or 17 celsius.  I have three or four kalanchoe plants.  They grow here all year around, and can be started from cuttings.  This time of year, they bloom in various colors.  If you are looking for an easy-to-grow plant, you can't go wrong with this one.  I'm wishing all a very happy holiday--either Easter or Passover.

No comments: