Jun 29, 2010
I changed my mind--again
I was so excited today, it's time for me to lay out the blocks for this quilt. I just have a bit more embroidery to do on the flower appliques. I spread out the blocks on my bed (no design wall for me--my quilts are intended to be put on beds anyhow, not hung in a museum). I got out my big tape measure and my calculator and started planning the sashes. Sashes were in my original sketch for this quilt. I had that all figured out. I was trying to decide on the color of the sashes--and then I took a closer look at this photo. Guess what, I decided that I don't need sashes! I think that I just need to square up these blocks, cut out some yellow blocks to go on each side of Jenna's name, and sew it all together. Then I'll add a border to the edges. Meanwhile, back at the ranch, I have washed some cute flannel for the back of each quilt--although Sabrina's quilt is only a thought in my head at the moment, I already picked out a backing for her quilt. There's a lot of quilting to do!