Dec 18, 2010

Advancing on the brick quilt







About the changes in my husband's Medicare: My husband's new doctor was very good, and reassuring. My granddaughter came with us in the special taxi to help with the wheelchair. My husband tolerated the trip. He's back safely in the Care Home. So far, so good.
So now I was doing some quilting! I sewed the brick quilt patches together. As you can see, I have the ends extending. I decided not to drive myself crazy figuring out the size and placement of the end patches. I just will trim those extra ends off now and baste the quilt.
And I'm so excited about the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative http://www.alzquilts.org/index.html that I decided to start another quilt for that. I'm making a hand-appliqued and embroidered block. I designed this block in 2005, and I used it in a tea cozy and in a "bird" quilt. I had to make the design in a smaller size to fit into the requirements for these donation quilts. I plan to hand quilt it.
Season's Greetings and Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Nancy said...

What a relief it must be to have found a good doctor for your husband. Glad to hear that things are beginning to fall into place.

Love the brick quilt top. Will you use a multi-color binding on it, too?

Unknown said...

Good Health is everything isn't it?
I love cheery quilts and this will be loved for sure.

Magpie Sue said...

I'm glad you like your husband's new doctor. That makes such a difference.

I would tackle the bricks quilt exactly the same way you have!

Best wishes to you and yours for a happy holiday!