Dec 12, 2010

And life goes on




It's been a rather trying week for me. I don't usually mention personal stuff. But the truth is that I have a sick husband and the changes in Medicare have had a big effect on his medical care. The Medicare has changed the criteria for what kind of care you can get from the Medical Insurance. The nurses at the Medical Insurance could hardly believe it themselves. Anyhow it now turns out that it doesn't matter how weak and frail you are anymore. Instead, Medicare judges if they think you need medical nursing care or not, and the answer is--NOT MUCH. So I was busy arranging for him to have a new doctor and other important stuff. Imagine me not feeling like doing a lot of quilting? I cut out some strips though, for my current project. And I sat around sort of gritting my teeth and I crocheted a lot of squares from scraps of left-over yarn. I'm making a granny afghan for charity.
Just to prove that I still have lots to be thankful for in my life, I'm putting in a nice photo of sunset over the shopping center. My family has been great and very supportive, and we've been enjoying the Holiday. That includes my husband who ate chocolate and sang happily when we went over to the Care Home to celebrate with him.

4 comments:

Linda at Roscoe's Ma said...

Sorry for your trying week. It's a lot to digest, I am sure. Sending prayers and wishing you the best...

Nancy said...

I've had some issues with Medicare refusing medication that I'd taken for years, so I understand some of your frustration. There is an appeal process if you have the patience or are well enough to go through it. Good Luck.

You have a nice pile of squares, and they will make a great afghan.

Kathy said...

hang in there!!!!

Michele Bilyeu said...

Horrible budget cuts everywhere, Roz. When I broke my wrist in Alaska in January, my insurance refused to pay for it because they did not consider it an emergency and I did not use a preferred provider. Juneau had one, and one only and he was an ophthalmologist. I have fought this all year. I guess I should have let an eye dr. used that surgical jackhammer to push and pull my bones back into place and implant cadaver bone and a plate and 10 screws. Ha. I know how you feel. On the good news front; read this:Art Quilters Finance New Alzheimer’s Discovery! This excites me. I am hoping it will be in time for me and if not me, than my children.