Dec 30, 2010

Bricks quilt

Well, I was pleasantly surprised when this Bricks quilt was completed. I was impressed by the contrast between the light and dark sections. That made the pattern much more interesting. Sometimes the full visual impact only occurs when viewing the completed project. The fabrics in this quilt comprise some of my very oldest scraps, along with a couple of fat quarters that I received as holiday gifts. I have included a couple of photos I took of the succulent plants that I grow on the ledge of my terrace. Clare http://dordognequilter.blogspot.com/ challenged us to post some photos of things in our ordinary lives. By the way, she is also collecting quilt blocks for "Quilts 4 leukaemia." I'm hoping to sew a block or two for that cause. Many years ago when I was a nurse, leukaemia was a virtual death sentence for kids. At least now the medical profession has some treatments for the disease.





9 comments:

Nancy said...

Love your Bricks quilt.

Your jade plant must be in a sunny location - it is so full and lush - just beautiful.

Sharon said...

I think your Bricks quilt is great! You did a good job on the color placement. Yes, sometimes we're too close to our project to see the whole. I think photos are good for that perspective. My digital camera is my friend!

And your jade plant is a beauty.

Finn said...

The bricks make a really pretty and stimulating quilt top Roz! You did good!!Love the photos also. I think taking pictures of things we see from day to day is an excellent idea. It's like A Gathering of Days *VBS* Hugs for a happy and healthy new year, Finn

Miri said...

Isn't it fun using up older fabrics...makes room for new ones! :)

Happy New Year.

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

Nice bricks! Happy New Year Roz! Succulents! My favorite plants... ;-)

Judy S. said...

Nice quilt! Isn't that a jade plant in the pot? You'd get quite a laugh at the one I have. It gets smaller every year....... Thanks for visiting my blog!

GardenOfDaisies said...

I love the bricks quilt. Scrap quilts are my favorites!!
Wishing you a very happy new year!!

Myra said...

That bricks quilt looks like a good project to use up scraps, as well as a quick bit of work to have a finished quilt in no time!!! I shall have to keep that one in mind! 8-)
Happy stitchings Roz!

Magpie Sue said...

Your Bricks quilt looks great! I've got to do something like that soon with the strips that are piling up around here...