May 13, 2008


Oops--it's been a few days since I posted anything. Well, at least I sewed those Courthouse Steps blocks together. And I have five left over. I can make a nice table runner out of those five. I have decided to sew a thin border of red around the quilt, and then another border--to be decided later...

I've been spending time with my family. It was great to get together with cousins that I haven't seen lately. Family is a blessing in life. Never mind that you don't agree with everyone all the time. And I would never mention anything about politics with them! Well, maybe if I knew that someone agreed with me in the first place. However, having family means so much. I have to appreciate all those loving folks, who gather around during family celebrations, and even the sad times, too.

For Mother's Day, I received a handsome wooden banner with a flag and "God Bless America" painted on it. It's kind of heavy, so I'll have to enlist some strong man to hang it up for me. My daughter thought that I would hang it over the front door, but I think that someone might swipe it--so I want to hang it up inside the house.

1 comment:

Yummers! said...

You do a lovely job of quilting. They are all so attractive! My favorite is the Butterfly Quilt. That's beautiful!! Lucky grand-daughters.
Joni