May 31, 2009

Life goes on



This is how the log cabin came out. I have to add a binding to the edge. Let me tell you, I'm done with this quilt-as-you-go. It seems like it would be so easy, but it turns out to be a real struggle to get the blocks joined together. And call the quilt police--I have wrinkles all over the place! The advantages were that it was fun to make. That counts for a lot. And I love making wonky things that use up all sorts of scraps.

My mind is buzzing with ideas for my next couple of projects. I guess it's a good thing that I don't belong to a quilt guild that would give out assignments! I don't think that would work for me. One thing though, is that I love being associated with a charity group, and can make all sorts of things to donate. I'm making crochet and knitted hats for them lately. And I see another quilt for them in my crystal ball.

I want to thank all the people who post comments on my blog, and who send me emails about the blog. Let me say, that I really appreciate your encouragement! I don't talk about my personal life much here on my blog. Just want to say that my quilting and needlework and your encouragement help through the rough patches.

3 comments:

jovaliquilts said...

It's always a pleasure to see what you are up to, Roz. I love the zig-zag look your log cabin blocks have! I did one quilt-as-you-go and it is a pain to join things. I think it might be a great strategy for small things like placemants or potholders, but then who needs it for the small stuff?

Sharon said...

I like your wonky log cabin blocks! I agree about the quilt-as-you-go. I've never tried it because it sounds like a giant pain when you go to join it together. I'm glad that it was fun to make - that makes it worth it, huh?

I love comments on my blog too. It's nice to know there's someone reading it, and that you're connecting with them somehow.

Magpie Sue said...

I've always had my suspicions about the quilt-as-you-go process too. I've never done one that way, and now I'm glad I didn't try it. It would probably be yet another UFO in my closet!