Apr 27, 2011

Denim Medallion Quilt

This is the denim medallion quilt. It's a tied quilt. I have completed it at last. It uses parts of old blue jeans mixed with fabric scraps. Also included are some quilt blocks of wonky houses and basket pattern. I plan to use the idea of mixing parts of old jeans into patchwork quilts again soon. It's so much fun to do a bit of recycling in a quilt. This quilt could fit in many categories. It has so many influences--quilting books by Gwen Marston, Gee's Bend quilts, Bonnie K. Hunter books, among others.
I was already using this quilt last evening, to cuddle in while resting on the sofa.

4 comments:

Twisted Quilts said...

Using old jeans is a great idea. I loved picking out the fabrics from my old clothes in my grandmother's quilts.

Needled Mom said...

I have been wondering what sort of quilt I could make using old blue jeans. I like the idea of mixing other blocks with them.

jovaliquilts said...

I didn't realize that this quilt was for you to keep -- hoorah! Looks very cuddly, and cute, too.

Roslyn said...

Those denim quilts weigh a ton, I haven't ever attempted one!