Apr 10, 2011

The denim quilt progress

As you can see in this photo I'm in the middle of tying that denim quilt. I have found that it's so much fun. I don't have a quilt frame, I have simply done a lot of pin basting, and I tie the quilt while holding it in my lap. A friend gave me a ball of blue crochet cotton (bedspread or #10 size thread) and I thought that blue would go well with that denim and assorted scraps. I use a curved needle for tying. I can do some tying while I watch those lawyer or detective shows on TV, but not while I'm watching a hockey game! I love when the hockey playoffs start. Go Ducks! Meanwhile, back at the sewing machine--I have started another baby quilt. I always have to have some machine sewing to do. I'm so glad that I managed to mail off that baby quilt for the survivors of the Japan disaster. That particular quilt was very quick and easy to make. And one of my grown-up grandsons seemed to want something with his name on it. That's just a dream in the back of my mind right now. I have to come up with a design. Speaking of dreams, last night I had a very realistic dream that it was morning, and I could see out the window that it was raining on the green grass. I opened my eyes and saw that it was pitch black and about 3 AM! Darn I hate when that happens!

3 comments:

Twisted Quilts said...

This is such a creative idea. I have been doing some big stitch hand quilting with perle cotton. I am doing it while I watch my shows too.

jovaliquilts said...

Too funny that you can't tie a quilt and watch hockey at the same time!

Sherri ~ daintytime said...

Smart idea to tie. I love using denim too but it is so hard to hand quilt.