Oct 16, 2009

Be prepared

"Be prepared" is the old Girl Scout motto. I guess I really took it to heart because it's been a lot of years since I was a Scout--a lot of years. I made this quilt in August. And now I know. It's important to have a nice little quilt on hand. I found out that a dear neighbor's daughter is going for chemotherapy for breast cancer this week. And I gave this quilt to her. By a stroke of luck, I had put a pink binding on the quilt, too. A cozy quilt ought to cheer her up a bit. I sure hope so. I'm praying for the dear woman, and her mother, too.


8 comments:

Twisted Quilts said...

What a neat thing for you to do. I wish your neighbors daughter good luck.

jovaliquilts said...

A quilt is such a perfect gift at a time like this. I'm wishing the best for your neighbor's daughter.

Unknown said...

what a wonderful gift to give! I love the quilt and its happy colours..wishing her well too!

Robin said...

It is so bright and colorful! I'm sure it will help offer cheer and comfort. And how fortuitous that it had a pink binding too! :)

Anne at Film and Thread said...

So sweet of you to give this. I am sure it will mean a lot and as a mother, I can't imagine what it's like to have your daughter go through something like this.

Nat Palaskas said...

What a nice geture and lovely quilt for a good course - Hugs Natima

woolywoman said...

What a wonderful idea. I try to keep a few baby gifts on hand, but a snuggle quilt is a good idea. Trouble usually comes on fast, I've noticed, and how nice to have something snuggly to give.

Magpie Sue said...

Oh hurray for you! Maybe someday I'll be able to catch up and have an extra quilt or two on hand I could give under similar circumstances...