Oct 23, 2009

Stained glass recycled denim quilt, number 2

It's time for me to do my happy dance. Today I finished the piecing of the second denim quilt. Now, I put this quilt on my queen-sized bed to take this photo. And this quilt is going to be king sized when finished--actually it's called California King Size, which is even bigger than a king size bed. So I plan to add some generous borders. I'm engaged in the higher mathematics of figuring that out right now. It will require a big calculator and a lot of scratch paper. I particularly want to find out if I have enough of the yellow left over after I cut out the binding, in order to add a bit of it in the border. All in good time. And I have 9 yards of flannel for the backing (no batting in this big thing). And I wonder if I have enough old jeans left to make a denim quilt for myself? Well, that's not going to be right away! I'll have to put the left-overs in a box and store them. I'm going to dive into a scrap quilt of some kind real soon! I'll have to look at my notebook. I keep a big notebook (well, one isn't big enough, actually there are now two) of quilt ideas and including the notes for quilts that I've made. And a few photos, too. And that's besides a photo album of the quilts that I've completed.

8 comments:

jovaliquilts said...

Roz, you deserve to do that happy dance! Finishing 2 denim quilts is quite an accomplishment. I love that you have a pocket on one of those squares.

Not Lucy said...

Be careful, when you store them away they often breed even worse than rabbits!

JustCindy said...

I love it!

Sharon said...

That looks so good! And yes, definitely happy-dance worthy! I love all those blues.

DH just gave me 2 more pairs of old jeans! When my arm is re-commissioned, I'll be cutting those up!

Clare said...

This quilt is amazing. Beautifully done.

I envy you - I keep on meaning to start my second denim quilt for DD to take to Lycée next September, but get side tracked.

Nat Palaskas said...

Roz, that is a great looking quilt. You have done a great job on it. I love it - Hugs Natima

Aunt Spicy said...

I am just now going through the Virtual Quilt Festival comments, and have been having such a great time reading your blog! I am just in love with this quilt, the variations in blue are really pleasing to the eye!

Nina Lise@Mrs Moen said...

I love your denim quilt, Roz, it's so pretty! I do believe it's heavy though:-)